Monday 9 January 2012

In what way does you media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


My magazine has been developed to make it look like a real media music magazine. One way which has helped me develop my magazine is by looking at existing music magazine throughout designing and making my magazine. All magazines that are in the market include a masthead this is the name of the magazine.  The masthead is normally included at the top of the front cover. The masthead in my magazine is very clear and bold which makes it stand out to the target audience. I have used a bright pink colour in the masthead and the name for my magazine is called Simply Pop. I thought this was a very good name for my magazine as it very catchy and easy to remember likewise this is the case for other music magazines such as Smash Hits and Top Of The Pops. The masthead is important for the target audience as it gives it a brand identity and makes it easy for the target audience to remember and identify the magazine. My front cover has a large image of a music artist in the middle of the page and there is an article on her inside the magazine, the photo takes up most of the space in the front cover and this is very similar to most magazines that are on the market. It again highlights the music genre as she is a Pop music artist.  Along the bottom I have created a rectangle bright pink coloured box with white writing include which includes words such as interviews and concerts to inform the reader of what will be included in the music magazine.  This is a technique that would be used is a wide range of media products to give the readers quick informative information to persuade them to buy the product I have included a range of different types of shots within my front cover, contents page and double page spread. These include shots such as close up and long shots. The photography in my magazine is very professional looking and this is due to the high quality equipment that has been used during the photoshoot such as digital cameras and white background. I was able to edit the photos on photoshop by taking away the background.  It is very important in a real music magazine for the photos to be professional looking so that it adds quality to the magazine. I feel that I have achieved this effect in my music magazine. The contents page in any magazine is a page to inform the readers and tell them the page numbers for the articles. My contents page includes four sections where I have divided the pages into features, interviews, fashion and events. I have used different colours in my contents page which highlights fun within the pop music genre.  Many contents page includes an editors note which welcomes the readers and gives them a quick insight to what types of articles will be included in the magazine, I have applied this in to my magazine and found that many people in my target audience would value this and I have seen this through the results on my poll on my blog most people thought that it is very important to included an editors note in a magazine.  My double page spread includes two pages, my first page includes one A4 size picture of the music articles and the other half of the page includes an introduction the readers to the articles and gives a information about the music artist.  The writing for the interview is in columns and this is normally the form of writing in a magazine as its an easy layout for the readers to read. My article is an interview and therefore has a number of sub titles. There are in different colours so that it is easy for the target audience to see what are the question and what are the answers. The style of writing is friendly in the during the interview. It is important to have friendly writing in a pop music magazine as it engages the readers attention and draws them into the article. This is similar to reading a pop music magazine as I found this by research a double page spread from Top Of The Pops.
I feel that I have successfully made a product which has been well developed and created in order for the finial outcome to look like a real media music magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment