Monday 30 January 2012

Who would be the audience for your media product?


My target audience for my music magazine are teenage girls who are around the ages of 15-17 and enjoy listening to pop music. They will been students from secondary school who will want to read simply pop to relax and have a break from doing school work. They are likely to be middle class students and enjoy reading things relating to their interests for example pop music magazines. I found out about my target audience by talking to potential readers of my magazine. I found that people in my target audience would like regular information about the pop music industry.  Readers of my magazine are likely to attend regular pop music events such as concerts. There social habits are likely to be going out with friends socializing. Places that they are likely to go with friends are music events or shopping. They are likely to have a large interest in fashion and this is likely to be very important to them. The readers are likely to have a fun personality and like bright cheerful colours. They will also like girly colours such as pinks and purples. New media will be important to my target audience and for example social networking sites were they can contact friends such as facebook and twitter. My target audience will like to find out about the latest news in the pop music industry and will be people who like a mixture of both images and text in my articles. I have found out this information about my target audience thought questions on my blog. I ask members of my target audience to answer some questions and this helped me to find out the wants and needs of my target audience.  I also found information about my target audience by looking at other pop magazines and see how they have been layed out and what they have included. 

No comments:

Post a Comment