Wednesday 18 January 2012

How does your media product represent particular social group?


My media music magazine is representing a particular social group. The social group that I am representing is teenage girls who are fans of pop music.  The main music artist in the magazine has been represented as fun, talented and successful music artist.  In my pictures I have represented the social group by making the pictures fun and creative. I have also used a range of different fashionable outfits in the pictures and is would be important to the social group who enjoy listening to pop music artist as most teenage girls like fashionable clothing and what they wear can be very important to them.  Before making my magazine I looked at other pop magazines to see how I could represent my social group. When looking at other pop music magazines such top of the pops. I found that the photos that are included in the magazines are mainly taken in a studio rather than different location settings. So I decided to have my photoshoot in school using a white background setting. When taking the pictures I used bright lighting which creates a positive atmosphere when reading my magazine. This represented my social group as they will want a magazine that is fun to read. The models that I have used fit in with my target audience as they are both teenage girls, this allows potential readers to easy indentify the target audience. I have made sure I have represented my social group in my magazine throughout the making process I have done this by asking for feedback from my target audience then improving my magazine from what they have said. The colours that I have used in my magazine represent my social group. I have used lots of pinks and purples, these are colours that my target audience said they liked when I asked them to complete questions that were on my blog. I also found that these colours were used in top of the pops magazine. Before doing my photoshoot I looked at different types of photos that I could take. I wanted my images to stand out and be creative. I feel that I have successfully done this and the images that I have chosen to use in my magazine look very prefessional. In most of the pictures the models are smiling which highlights there nice personality.  I feel that I have represented my social group well in my pop music magazine. All of the elements in the mise-en-scene of my magazine work well together in order to highlight the target audience of teenage girls who enjoy pop music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment