Monday 23 January 2012

What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why?


A distribution company is a company who will manufacture a magazine. IPC will distribute my pop music magazine.  This is a company that distributes a wide range of print media products. I have chosen to have IPC to distribute my pop music magazine because they are a UK leading magazine publisher company and currently publish many successful magazines that are already on the market. I believe that IPC would want to distribute my magazine simply pop because they are a company that doesn’t already have a magazine similar to mine. This will mean that the company will be launching a magazine to a new target audience which is different from the other music magazines which they distribute such as NME. This will benefit the company as they will be distributing magazines to a number of different audiences. The company will like my magazine simply pop, because there are not many other pop music magazines currently on the market. This will therefore mean that IPC will hold a high market share for pop music magazines.  IPC will also like my magazine as there are not many pop music magazines out on the market so they will be giving pop music fans what they want. I believe that simply pop would be successful as I have met the wants and needs of the target audience.  They will want a magazine that will attract the target audience and will be popular in order for the magazine to sell well. Having a new magazine on the market can be very successful for IPC as it will increase profit for them and they are currently  already have many popular magazines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment