Monday 6 February 2012

How did you attract/address your audience?


I have made a music magazine that attracts and address my target audience. Before making my pop music magazine I completed some research to find out what my target audience wanted. I spoke to different members of my target audience and asked them to complete some questions that were on my blog. This was very important as it helped me to find out what my target audience wanted. Uses and gratification theory has helped me when creating my magazine.  I found that most people in my target audience wanted a new pop music magazine, which would give them information and entertain them. My magazine is likely to attract the target audience because I have included what my target audience would expect to see in a pop music magazine for example I have included bright girly colours such as pinks and purples. I have included writing on the front cover, which will attract the buyer because it gives them an insight to what will be in the magazine. This will make the target audience want to buy the magazine so they are able to read the articles inside. I have used other selling techniques to attract the target audience for example the use of new media. Most of my target audience are likely to use new media, therefore I have made my music magazine fit in to people’s lifestyle. I have done this by including a website address in my magazine, this will allow readers to go on the internet to check the latest updates for news and gossip in the pop music industry. Most people also go on social networking sites, and I have included in my contents page information about the target audience following simply pop on facebook and twitter. My target audience will use my magazine to inform them about the pop music industry, but they also wanted a magazine that they would enjoy reading, I have made the magazine so it fun and attracts the target audience of teenage girls. I have done this by making the double page spread article fun and enjoyable to read. I have also included a mixture of text and photos so that there is a balance for the reader. The photos that have been included are fun and creative to attract the target audience. I feel that I have successfully created a pop music magazine that attracts and addresses the target audience of teenage girls who enjoy pop music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment