Friday 3 February 2012

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

When making my music magazine for my coursework I have been about to use a wide range of professional equipment and software to make my music magazine look professional. The technology equipment that I have used includes professional canon camera and photoshop. These have been good to use as it has allowed a successful final magazine. The advantages of using a canon camera are that the qualities of the photos are very high compared to using a normal digital camera. This has allowed my photos look like professional photos that could be used in a magazine. When I did my photoshoot I used a normal level of lighting which this allowed my pictures to come out well and they did not look too bright or too dark. After I had collected all of my photos for my magazine I started to construct my magazine by using photoshop. The advantages of using photoshop are that it has many tools in order for me to edit my photos. I used the colour range tool in order for me to take away the background from the photo, by taking the photo away from its background, this has meant that the finial photos that I have used look very professional and do not have a background attached to it. This also means that when I have been putting my magazine together the photos do not take up as much space. I also used the text tool in order for me to add titles, pull quotes and the article to my magazine. When adding the article to my double page spread I used the tool in photoshop called paths this has allowed me to add text around the images that I have used. This would also be done in a professional music magazine. I have also used the shape tool to create boxes to add one of my photos in it on my double page spread; I also used the shape tool to add pull quotes in my double page spread and text on my contents page. Another important tool that I have used on my music magazine is the colour tool, due to my magazine being a pop magazine I have used a wide range of colours which is very important as it has allowed my magazine to stand out. On my contents page I used the text editing tool, to make all of the text bold so it stands out and I have also added a shadow to some of the key important key to make it stand out. I have also used blogger when constructing my music magazine, I have used this to show the progress that I have made when making my magazine and to display all of my work. I feel that technologies used in the process of constructing my music magazine very important as it has allowed me to edit photos and create a pop music magazine that will attract my target audience. I have done this by using the features of photoshop in order to create a successful and professional looking music magazine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment